There were major shifts in Search Marketing industry in 2012.
Author-rank is something that was taken as a step for wiping out the spammers and bring in original content from the known authors. So, don't get yourself killed by low quality link building and shallow content tricks for ranking higher in SERPs. Hire a SEO Specialist who can perform following checklist of 20 best SEO things to do 2013 for your website:
- Keep variety in anchor text links
- Diversify your risks by variety of links
- Go beyond Google, Bing and Yahoo! Capture variety of traffic sources, Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Storify, Twitter and more
- Apply Authorship markup to your website
- Create your Blogger account and start posting original content
- Design creative info graphics for your business
- Apply Marketing Principles for 2013 SEO
- Bring variety in your opinion
- Start PPC campaign for tough keywords to wish Happy New Year 2013 to Google!
- Expect more updates in search algorithms
- Strengthen your business with Mobile! make mobile friendly website
- Conduct keyword research and list down potential keywords for 2013 based on trends!
- Think like an enterprise, think of Online Brand, provide unique content that is link worthy for users
- Create interesting posts to get viral on Social platforms
- Structure your activity, integrate your social media, make link earning strategy
- Make an account on Yelp
- Make an account on Pinterest
- Start Google+ page and community
- Go local (Google Places), local schema, geotag, and enable Facebook open graph
- Don't scrap others data! Don't copy paste content, Be yourself, do original!